Pages

Monday, December 19, 2011

Foot Recovery part 1!

Surgery went well!

I was a little nervous before-hand...


 I was a little confused/uncomfortable when I woke up...

I was told that I kept asking about eating IHOP before/after they put under anesthesia...There was one on the way to the Surgicenter, so Dan and I were joking about going there...apparently I was serious...I always am when it comes to food...


So here's the beauty herself!  The bone spur, which looked like an upward-pointing "hook" has been smoothed out... I don't know much else about it, I'll learn more about it at my follow-up appt. this week.


 Surprisingly, I felt fine shortly after I came out of anesthesia.  I was shaking a little bit, but I wasn't in pain or nauseous.  The "worst" sensation was the nerve block- I would command my ankle/toes to move, but my body didn't respond.  Very strange and it kinda freaked me out.  I couldn't imagine paralysis.  The nerve block wore off overnight, so my right lower leg has been "functional" since Saturday morning.

We were out of the Surgicenter within 45minutes of me waking up, and since I felt fine... Guess where we went??
Looking fresh... 
MUCH better- PANCAKES!! :)
I've received so much love and support from friends and family- THANK YOU!!

Check out the awesome recovery basket I got from my in-laws- how thoughtful!!
Dan has been a ROCKSTAR husband (as usual)- he makes sure I am comfortable & fed (no easy task) and that I have means of entertainment at all times :)  He also gave me an early Christmas present!
new black dress coat with a HOOD! :) xoxo
On Saturday, since I was feeling fine after the surgery, we were able to attend our friend's annual Holiday party!  I'm glad we were able to attend, we had a lot of fun and it would have been a bummer to miss!  Too bad you can't see my big bulky black boot that I perfectly paired with a red heel to match my dress :)

I haven't been in much pain at all- I took a painkiller before I went to bed on Friday and Saturday (worried I would wake up in pain), but have not needed them otherwise.  It is painful to put weight on it, but it's a non-issue for now since I'm supposed to be resting.

It's very annoying/inconvenient to go to the bathroom/etc... the abilities we take for granted...

I enjoyed my lazy weekend full of movies, naps, TV, facebook, twitter, etc., but now I'm started to go a little stir-crazy, especially with the 40-50 degree weather we've been having in DECEMBER.  Seriously??  I just bought Iron War and I'm Here to Win on my ipad, so hopefully that will keep me occupied this week....

OH, and if you haven't seen this... I was DYING with laughter yesterday...

 and the Pre-Quel...
 ENJOY!!

5 comments:

Kristin Deaton said...

So glad your foot is feeling so much better!!!

Unknown said...

So glad you are feeling good! I hope the recovery is smooth and quick. Loved the videos!!

Meredith said...

I'm anxious to see how your recovery goes. I told my dad about it since he has the same problem and has suffered for far too long. I'm trying to prove a point with him. :)

paula said...

Hi there, saw your tweet to the wurtele's re: RV. My hubby and I was just inspired, also....land bought one for training and racing. We live in San Diego, so can use it year round. lOvED your race report of IMAZ....usually I a board with race reviews and quit reading second paragraph....you are a great writer, AND a great athlete. You are so inspiring. Hope your heel spur/ surgery/recovery goes smoothly. Will be following your blog....I have been blogging since 2006, am all over the place with silliness....some RV, some training (2012 IMAZ & IMCouer d'alene).. www.pagain.blogspot.com. P for Paula and phil. I saw your husband was deployed, we are/were military...army/air force. Merry Christmas and hope you feel better soon

Unknown said...

So glad to hear that everything went well and I hope that you have a speedy recovery!!!

And thanks for sharing those videos... totally made me laugh!