Pages

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Plugging Along!

Happy Leap Day!!

***Spring is so close I can SMELL it... this morning I woke up ready to do my ~1 hr run or my ~1hr bike workout.  I checked the weather... in IL... in February...

56 DEGREES!!!

I was about ready to spring out of bed and SPRINT (the fastest my stupid foot would let me) out the door!!  But then I noticed...

27 MPH WIND.

Way to kill the mood Mother Nature :(

After 20 minutes of hemming and hawing on facebook and twitter, I got my butt out the door and enjoyed the rare sunny, spring weather!  I did get ROCKED by the invisible wall of wind for sure though!!

***Foot recovery: I'm close to 11-weeks post-op, and I'm running darn close to 1 hour.  Which is great, but I'm nowhere NEAR pain-free.  It sucks and sometimes I get frustrated to tears.  Some runs are better than others...I'm grateful to be running... but I really wish it didn't hurt so much :(  Patience....

***Otherwise, I've just been plugging along at "life" and doing well!  Training is fun, I've been consistent and haven't skipped a workout this year yet!

I've also been SUPER busy at work, which is a great thing!  My friend and Tri-Shark teammate Scott Richardson wrote a feature story for the Pantagraph newspaper highlighting the services we offer at the Illinois State University Exercise Physiology Lab.  Specifically, it discussed how one of our clients used her BodPod, Sensewear armband, and Fuel testing results to interpret her baseline fitness levels and how she took action with our recommendations to improve her lifestyle and her body!

You can check out the article HERE.

The article caught the attention of many community members wanting to make changes and learn how to optimize their daily physical activity, diet, and exercise intensity.  It was been so much fun working with such a variety of people, with different goals and backgrounds!  It's also been a great opportunity for the exercise science student interns to gain hands-on experience working with clients :)

Even more exciting, through Associated Press, the same article has popped up in local newspapers in Galesburg, Rockford, Quincy, and Springfield IL.... but has also made appearances around the country in Texas, Oregon, Kentucky, and Arizona, as well as a host of fitness websites... awesome!!

Well that's news for now- Happy March!!  Less than two weeks until Spring Break :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great little article!! It's amazing how the same stuff that we have to learn as athletes, people trying to lose weight need to learn!