Pages

Sunday, September 28, 2008

monster weekend

Happy with the training this weekend!

The weather was GORGEOUS so that helps. Saturday I got up early and headed out for some biking- super long ride planned. I was going to ride for 1.5 hrs, meet up with Dan, ride out to his parent's house in Colfax, then I would ride around by myself while he helped out with some yardwork, then we would ride back into B-town together...

But those darn bikes, I love em, but all the technical difficulties and maintenance involved with them are not fun! He couldn't meet up with me, he discovered that his bike had a hole in the tire and the tube, and he didn't have any patches...

So he ended up driving out to Colfax with his bike in the car, I rode back into town and got some extra tubes, CO2, tire boots, and tube patch kits for both of us...then I rode out to Colfax...

2-hr break for lunch and chatter with the fam...while he was cutting down a tree I fixed his bike...then as soon as we started riding, I got a flat! Geez! There was a hole in my tire...patched that, and we got on our way...

We rode around Moraine View Park...they better keep it open...then out to Downs to catch a glimpse of his little cousin playing football (and see a cute little chocolate lab puppy!)...got a tasty sangwich at the gas station...then headed back!

Then we headed to BWW's with my brother, his girlfriend, and her roomie...and I had a tasty veggie burger and a salad...along with some cheeseburger bites, onion rings, mini corn dogs, and parmesan/garlic wings...mmmmm mmmmm......

Sleep! Long run planned for Sunday...

I procrastinated bigtime. Got up and worked on the computer, made some tasty pancakes, took our friend's dog to the dogpark and swimming...then got some lunch...did some work...FINALLY started on my run...maybe a little on the easy side, but I got it done! 1 hr by myself, 1 hr w/ Dan, last hour by myself...the last hour HURT, my muscles, bones, tendons, ligaments still aren't used to the repetitive movements and pounding!

Whew! Lots of training, not a lot of schoolwork. Gonna catch up on that this week!

happy training to you all!

Laura

No comments: